Artworker - Dorel UK
Dorel Industries Inc., formed in 1987, is a Canadian company, based in Montreal, Quebec, which designs and manufactures for three areas: juvenile (child/nursery) products, performance bikes and other recreational products, and home furnishings. Dorel employs approximately 10,500 people worldwide and its products are sold in over 70 countries.
Dorel Juvenile is a manufacturer of child/nursery products, including car seats (market leader), pushchairs, and home safety. Dorel brands in the UK include Maxi-Cosi, Quinny, Tiny Love, Safety 1st, and Baby Art.
Dorel UK is a team of 95 people. To complete our UK & Ireland marketing team, we are currently looking for a dynamic Artworker, based in Borehamwood (North London).
The Artworker will work in conjunction with a Graphic Designer as well as the Marketing team to supply a range of Artwork across all brands.
He/she will work closely with both internal and external departments to deliver both printed and digital graphic work across a spectrum of different applications, including new product launches and web design, in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Design, develop and implement artworks for all UK brands in accordance to brand guidelines
- Work closely with Marketing colleagues, plus other internal and external stakeholders to implement a wide variety of artwork
- Fully understand the different brand guidelines and ensure these are met when producing artwork
- Check and ensure all artwork is produced are proof read, meet brand guidelines and is of high quality standard
- Managing the daily graphics workflow of the department and ensure time-lines are met
- Communicate lead times when given briefs to ensure on time delivery of final artwork
- Produce POS and exhibition banner artworks
- Develop packaging and instruction manual when required
- Adverts and posters for magazine and catalogues
- Artworks for trade catalogues, consumer magazines and training guide
- Design web banners and landing pages internally or for external customers
- Produce artworks for Social Media (Facebook, twitter) for images, competitions, events
Competitors and Trends
- Be aware of the graphic activities of both our competitors and wider market place and bring those influences back into day to day work within Dorel.
- Understand the new creative formats being developed and work with the Marketing team to implement
- In depth knowledge of Indesign, Illustrator, Flash, Photoshop (all at CS6 or above), Acrobat and MS Office. Some understanding of other Adobe Creative programs, future software trends and the ability to bring new technologies into workplace.
- You are creative, with exceptional attention to detail, and are comfortable picking up a brief from visual concept stages and taking it through to print or digital production.
- Knowledge of printing processes and digital media is important to implement the Marketing Plans. As such, you are comfortable with designing for both print and digital media, and providing high quality artworks.
- Excellent time management, communications and organisational skills. Able to prioritise and meet strict deadlines.
- Analytical thinker. Able to redefine activities based on the analysis of accurate metrics
- Ability to drive projects working independently
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal. Able to create engaging and persuasive design /content both internally and externally
- Technically minded
- Ensure work is completed within the agreed Budgets and time scale
- Awareness of competitors and retail activities and their approach to Design
- Confident communicator, can work well on his/her own initiative and can work well within a team.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?