CAE / Simulation Engineer ( H/F)
The R&D department within Dorel is responsible for the creation of the technical designs for new or modified products and supervises technical execution, both internally and externally, from first ideas up to mass production.
To strengthen our R&D product development team, we are currently looking for a CAE Engineer.
As a CAE Engineer it is your mission to realize or drive CAE studies to evaluate and optimize Dorel products throughout their development, from design concept to final validation.
You contribute to the definition and improvement of methodologies for optimizing the prediction simulations for Dorel products.
Therefore you cooperate closely with R&D, Quality and Production to propose the right technical solutions, balancing complexity, timing and cost.
You enjoy the challenge of having a shared responsibility in developing successful child mobility products in which you play a key role for a continuous improvement of our child car seat and strollers products.
• Conduct or realize FEA analysis/simulation to support projects.
• Propose optimized structures/assemblies to meet & exceed mass & cost requirements
• Work closely with test to drive correlation & confidence in simulation results on project
• Create CAE technical reports and communicates the validation status to the project engineers
• Participate in CAE standard or new methodology developments
• Create and contribute to CAE Best Practice Documentation
In this full time position you report to the CAE Manager and you are part of a product development team located in both France and the Netherlands.
• You have an educational background in mechanical engineering or product development
• You have at least 5/10 years of demonstrated successful experience in CAE crash-worthiness analysis (automotive product development experience is a plus)
• Significant experience of explicit CAE code (Radioss, Lsdyna or Pamcrash). Pre-processor experience in Hyperworks.
• You have proven knowledge about CAE tools and techniques (optimization, plastic & composites material modelling, fatigue analysis, implicit code)
• You have experience in multi-body simulation tools such as ADAMS, Motionsolve (Not required but preferred).
• You are capable to make a quick and thorough problem analysis
• You have coordination skills to work with technical development partners and specialists (internal and external).
• You demonstrate ability to deliver analysis on technical complex projects with tight timing constraints.
• You are pro-active, have social skills and the ability to work in an international organization for which some travelling may be required ( 2 max per year)
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?