Cost & VA/VE Engineer ( M/ F )
To strengthen our team, we are recruiting a Cost & VA/VE Engineer to support our company in its strategy, its development and its transformations.
In this position you will report to the Global Projects Management Director.
1. Work with project managers and teams in developing conceptual estimates
- Assist project team in resolution of estimating issues involving cost, schedule and changes
- Adapt costing approach to be able to best estimate cost price at any stage of the development (Concept Feasibility, Development, Industrialization,…)
2. Realize cost estimates for the different projects
- Calculate material costs using inputs from Lectra system, Cad data and Engineer information
- Calculate labour cost using financial data within systems
- Define best production flow and corresponding tools with production
3. Support maintenance of the estimating tool, methodology and historical data in support of the conceptual estimating process
- Compile data including raw materials, labour, equipment, tooling to facilitate cost estimations
- Maintain cost data base by entering and backing up data
4. Perform Value Analysis / Value Engineering tasks. Generate cost reduction ideas through identification of process/product efficiencies that will reduce overall costs
- Organize benchmarking with competition by organizing tear downs of commercialized products
- Participate to the definition of the “Should cost” and “Design to Cost”
- Provide guidance to the organization for proposed new or modified designs to achieve required function at minimum cost
- Propose optimization in order to have better value for money
5. Deliver value to the organization & development teams in order to facilitate business value of the projects, decision taking & Time to Market
- Be proactive regarding task completion and to deliver on-time with excellence
- Work as an active member of the team, ensure effective communication between colleagues and positively contribute regularly to meetings
- Improve the cost estimate & VA/VE structure by proposing innovative solutions
You should combine outstanding quantitative skills with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams. You should be rigorous, pragmatic, details focused and on-the-ground solution oriented.
- Bachelor degree (minimum) in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Systems Engineering, Engineering Management or similar diverse costing or manufacturing background
- Minimum 5 years of automotive-related (or similar) experience in costing or product manufacturing
- Good knowledge / understanding of the key elements of a costed Bill of Material
o Cost models
o Reading and understanding of design and manufacturing drawings
o Production flows and methods used in consumer products
o Knowledge of components of Dorel Juvenile’s activities (Confection, Metal parts, Plastic parts, assembly)
- Good knowledge of Tools & methodologies
o Office pack (more specifically Excel)
o Data management & analytical software (ERP, B.I., Estimating tools,…)
o Practical knowledge of VE and VA techniques and strong financial awareness
- Main soft skills & knowhow
o Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively handle multiple projects and/or changing priorities
o High level of analytical and problem solving skills
o Ability to self-manage; entrepreneurial, goal-oriented, flexible and able to deal well with setbacks.
- Professional certification by AACE in estimating
- Knowledge of the different estimating tools and methods used by industry
- Knowledge of Electronic subsystems
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?