Development Program Manager
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
You will be responsible for leading the successful delivery of the right product that drives our strategic direction and goals. As a member of our Global PMO you will be part of the unifying force that makes an impact at the Program, Portfolio and Process levels.
- Cross functional leadership is the backbone of what we do and is global in scope. As the cross functional leader of your program team you will drive accountability and enroll the team in the commitment to meet our business objectives.
- You are the champion of our unique process and ensure the proper execution of our development tools.
- Engage with our partners in China and the US in development of product and coordinate any technical/performance based solutions.
- You will partner with our product marketing teams to understand our strategic intent and work with our Program Managers to lead the tactical execution to maintain business scope.
- Utilizing Risk Management, you equip your team for known issues with potential parallel paths to allow them to address unknown risks in a way that does not impact our time to market and are able to communicate this effectively to senior leadership.
You are not risk adverse. You embrace it. You strive for excellence and are a motivated self-directed individual who has a passion for what you do. You lead others towards accountability and embrace an environment that's cutting edge and changing all in the name of improvement. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for consumer-focused innovation and love to challenge and be challenged in how we think about and execute our development process. You have a pragmatic approach to the design and application of process. Appreciate innovation in tools, techniques and process as much as you do in products. Motivated to learn, teach others, and grow your leadership skills.
Experience and Skills
- Experience working with domestic and global (Europe & Asia) manufacturing with globally distributed project teams.
- 5+ years in a program management role, managing programs from conceptualization through delivery, on time & on budget.
- Experience in consumer products manufacturing in a program management capacity or product development related field.
- Exceptional oral & written communication skills with an ability to elicit results from cross-functional teams.
- Strong cross functional leadership experience in a matrix environment.
- Expert in running efficient, effective meetings.
- Proven exceptional program/project management experience across multiple timeline simultaneously.
- Working understanding of regulatory requirements for UL, FDA, FCC preferred.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Industrial Design required.
- PMP Certification, CSM or other SCRUM experience preferred.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?