eCommerce Marketplace Associate
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complimented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
We are currently seeking an analytical and entrepreneurial individual to join the e-commerce team as an E-Commerce Marketplace Associate. This individual will work cross-functionally to manage and grow our e-commerce marketplace businesses on Amazon, Walmart, ebay, and Google. They will develop innovative solutions to resolve complex business challenges and use their creativity to fill any gaps in our e-commerce strategy. Candidates must be comfortable with ambiguity and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Manage the daily operations of a multimillion-dollar marketplace business
- Manage relationships with our software providers and marketplace contacts
- Monitor operational and customer service metrics across each marketplace account
- Conduct in-depth item level P&L analysis for each marketplace on a regular basis
- Manage item level sales forecast and budget for the marketplace business
- Leverage data and BI tools to build efficient reports and communicate business health to the team
- Catalog management:
- Optimize listing images, content, and pricing for several hundred items online
- Track inventory flow and work with operations team to ensure products stay in stock
- Identify gaps in product assortment and work with sales, marketing, and operations to fill those gaps with new products
- Land deal placements and plan promotions on various marketplaces to drive sales
- Work regularly with sales and operations to drive Dorel’s excess inventory number down by identifying products that could sell profitably and efficiently online
- Work with consumer care and customer service to resolve issues and keep customers happy
- Conduct research to cater assortment to customer needs
- Provide regular feedback to the e-commerce team and senior leadership on project statuses as well as financial health
- Deliver regular presentations to Dorel leadership on the health of the marketplace business and its future
- Make data-backed strategic recommendations to push the business forward
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management or related field
- 2-3 years of e-commerce experience required
- Prior experience selling on e-commerce marketplaces is a plus
- Basic understanding of operations, sales, and marketing functions
- Track record of successfully managing several projects at once
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skillset (comfortable with pivot tables, IF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP, etc.)
- Ability to simplify and organize complex processes and tasks
- Strong organizational skills needed to ensure proper business planning and execution
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to drive projects with little to no direction
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?