Fabric & Trim Development Specialist
Globally we are the leading supplier of juvenile infant products. In Australia, we are a leading supplier of child restraint systems and nursery products and our brands Maxi-Cosi, Safety 1st, Tiny Love and Mother’s Choice, are highly sought-after.
An exciting opportunity is available immediately for a Fabric & Trim Development Specialist.
This newly created position reports directly to the Design Manager and the successful applicant will join a team of experienced, creative & hardworking designers.
We are looking for a well-rounded creative individual with a high understanding of fabrics, trim development and fabric printing.
In this role your main focus will be the coordination of fabric and trim development, determination and communication of product requirements, evaluation of fabric performance and the oversight of product development and production time lines. Design and pattern construction understanding is essential as you will be supporting the design team with design direction, trends and specifications.
- Analyse fabric & trim needs
- Partner with Product Development & Merchandising
- Identify fabrics that need to be cost negotiated
- Support development throughout the product to market calendar to ensure alignment at each key milestone
- Maintain a fabric and trim resource library
- Track fabric development KPI's and brand disciplines on number of seasonal developments
- Liaise with overseas partners to coordinate and approve fabric testing, lab dips, mini bulks and production fabrics
Ideally you will have the following skills:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with textiles
- Formal qualifications in Design & Textiles
- Understanding of design & product construction is essential
- Experience working with overseas suppliers & manufacturers
- Solid Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft Office skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Fabric printing, finishing and washing techniques
- Experience working with Teamwork Project Management System
- Bonus but not essential - ability to speak Mandarin or Cantonese
Are you ready to grow with us?
In return for your dedication and hard work we will provide you personal growth, career development opportunities and a fantastic work environment.
This role offers an abundance of versatility, direction and freedom to succeed. You will be working with a vibrant and forward thinking team with a company passion that cannot be rivaled.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV to HR: email@example.com
Want to work with us?