IT Development Manager
The European Technology division of Dorel Juvenile counts 30 dedicated colleagues, divided into three departments. The IT Services department is in charge of administration, infrastructure, support and security. The IS Project Management department is business partner to the various business units when it comes to the management of all projects and applications and the implementation of new solutions or improving existing ones. This can take place in three domains: Operations & Sales, Marketing & Digital, and Support. Last but certainly not least, the IT Solution Delivery department is responsible for the support (development & internal technical) of the ISPM team.
An exciting opportunity has come up to head the IT Solution Delivery department. As such, we are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic IT Development Manager (fulltime, 40 hrs/wk), based in the Netherlands (Helmond). This position reports directly to the European ICT Director.
This requisition is for a locally hired position. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in the Netherlands. Dorel will not attempt to obtain immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
The IT Development Manager is responsible for the overall architecture, design, and delivery of DJE’s technology solutions. Reporting to the ICT Director, this person leads a team of Developers and Architects supporting technology initiatives and delivering development projects. This includes managing all project-related technical third party vendors and internal technical project resources. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong leadership, have experience developing and delivering technology solutions to meet business needs and an ability to work and collaborate across other teams or stakeholders. In addition, candidates must have a willingness to understand existing business processes and supporting systems, and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. They should be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with team members and subject matter experts, be able to build and sustain productive relationships and understand the dynamics and critical nature of the business.
- Leads, manages and develops application development teams.
- Provide resource management to major initiatives by forecasting and prioritizing resource demands with functional areas.
- Oversees the analysis, design, programming, debugging, and modification of IT Solutions.
- Serves as a key technical expert for business partners and project managers leveraging current and emerging technologies where appropriate.
- Provides recommendations on solution options, risks, cost/benefit analysis, and impact on cross-functional business goals and processes.
- Effectively influence/negotiate with business/technology partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge in current and emerging application/systems development technology in order to offer solution architecture recommendations
- Delivers and manages prioritized project technical “roadmap” to enable the desired application and overall solution capabilities.
- Oversees the design and implementation of enterprise wide application development standards and effectively manage adoption across the organization.
- Directs and manages staff career paths including hiring, performance management and assessment, development, mentoring and training of the development team maintaining an efficient operation
- Ensure team members’ technical skills are kept current by identifying and supporting appropriate training and other professional development opportunities.
- Understand and proactively manage the funding/budget for area of responsibility.
- Proactively negotiate and manage the contracts for all consultants and contractors working within area of responsibility.
- Identifies opportunities to make the organization more agile, efficient, and flexible, while driving end-to-end operational excellence across the organization.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience leading a team comprised of more than 3 developers
- Solid experience delivering highly scalable web applications
- Practical experience of being part of a DevOps team
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language (both written and spoken).
- Used to an Agile (scrum) way of working
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge and experience developing technology solutions to meet business needs
- Experience with formal Software Development Lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall, Agile etc.)
- Candidate must possess strong communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to constructively partner with business leaders and stakeholders to meet business/customer needs while effectively prioritizing work and aligning people to deliver required outcomes.
- Creative and Innovative thinker that demonstrates personal initiative to deliver results.
- Experience working in an international context.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Because of the international context of our organization, we request to submit your resume and cover letter in English.
Want to work with us?