IT Services Intern
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base, allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
As an IT intern at Dorel, you will gain practical, hands-on experience, work with experts, and collaborate with people who have a passion for excellence. We are currently seeking a summer intern to join our IT team in Columbus, IN reporting to our IT Services Manager.
The IT intern analyzes computing requirements and system needs. Supports multidisciplinary systems and application activities. Installs, configures and maintains systems hardware, software and components. This role involves working with data centers, desktop services and other IT infrastructure projects.
On a daily basis, will support all areas of the information technology function. This may include the following: Networking and Server Administration, Office 365 Application Support, Information Security and Disaster Recovery readiness.
Areas of Focus / Primary Projects:
- PC deployments
- Network switch refresh
- Microsoft Active Directory Clean-up
- Service and Admin account usage and business impact analysis
- Provide help desk support including troubleshooting issues and resolving problems
- Organize how new equipment is received and making sure it is deployed correctly and on a timely basis
- Microsoft Active Directory clean-up; update employee account/email/phone records
- Installation/troubleshooting of multiple different Peripherals
- Installation/troubleshooting of Network devices
- System Analytics monitoring & analysis
- Assists with ongoing projects
- Troubleshoots hardware/software issues locally
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems.
- Must be able to provide 32 hours of work per week during standard schedule (M-F/8-5).
- Aptitude for computer learning
- Desire to continually expand technical skillset and learn new technologies
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Enjoy learning and working in a fast paced environment
- Effective organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?