Onsite Network Technician
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complimented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
The Onsite Network Technician is the face of IT and provider of IT support for the local site. This is a key IT role responsible for delivering a high level of customer service for technology services. This role will support onsite needs for end users escalated from the IT Helpdesk along with supporting computer upgrades and other IT projects as assigned.
- Support escalation of all local end users issues not resolved by Service Desk
- Track and provide IT customer incident support
- Support of end users utilizing Microsoft Office O365 Suite (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Provide support to end users for industry specific software and hardware solutions
- Local deployment of PCs, laptops, printers and other IT equipment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Manufacturing/Distribution technology such as RF Scanners and label printers
- Ability to troubleshoot Wireless issues
- Support local conferencing resources and technology (video, audio)
- Perform root-cause analysis for recurring issues, provide recommendation
- Document and update Knowledge base
- Provide training to end users on how to use hardware and software
- Project work related to below technical areas
- Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Networking – Switches, Firewalls, wireless
- SCCM for PC deployment, windows updates, and software deployment
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating systems
- Understanding of Networking as it relates to troubleshooting end user issues
- Prior experience providing technical support in a manufacturing or distribution environment preferred
- Additional duties as assigned
Education, Licenses, and/or Certification Requirements:
- 2-4 years relevant experience
- Comptia A+, Network+ certification preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to learn quickly
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?