Dorel Juvenile is the global leader serving the juvenile segment. Millions of newborns and toddlers use our products and services in over 80 countries, with well-known brands as Maxi-Cosi, Bébé Confort, Quinny, Safety 1st and Tiny Love.
Digital services are key for a successful start of a lifetime. To deliver superior digital experiences, we are building a new digital hub in the center of Eindhoven. To strengthen this team, we are currently looking for a PHP Developer. You will work in a startup environment, so you can truly make your mark.
We may not (yet) be at the top of your prospect list, but we invite you to take a chance and join us for “an unexpected journey”!
The PHP Developer will contribute to the Dorel IO services. Your main task will be working on the API based platforms by extending them. The current main platforms are Magento2, and WordPress, but this will grow rapidly in the near future.
Beside your role as a PHP Developer, you will also safeguard the principles of Dorel.IO. Dorel.IO stands for the eco-system of Dorel Juvenile and offers all digital platforms in the form of services (service platform). By creating adaptable services for each platform the whole organization is able to rapidly create new services which can be used whenever suitable. Read more about the approach, architecture and principles at http://www.dorel.io
- Responsible for the development of the PHP based web services, and the API integrations.
- Protect the architecture principles of Dorel.IO, work with GitHub and be responsible of production releases.
- Be challenged to come up with solutions and services while keeping the Dorel.IO architecture in mind.
- Translate user stories in concrete actions.
- Review code of external companies before production releases.
- Document code and functionality.
- Be part of the Dorel.IO scrum team(s).
- In this position you will report to the Lead Developer, who is also based in Eindhoven.
- Bachelor or Master degree; e.g. Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Strong Wordpress Knowledge (custom plugin development and custom theme dev).
- Knowledge of Advanced Custom Fields Plugin is a pre.
- Not afraid to work in CLI.
- Strong self-management practices with meticulous attention to detail.
- Used to a Scrum or Agile way of working.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English.
- Never stop learning, always eager to use new insights and technologies.
- Be a good Nerf shooter, darter or table football player.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Because of the international context of our organization, resumes and cover letter must be submitted in English. Also we would invite you to showcase your work (GitHub) and convince us of your skills!
Want to work with us?