Project manager NPD
Are you passionate about leading product development projects in a complex environment? At a company that aims to be the benchmark in terms of innovations and safety? That creates smart mobility and caring solutions for family life? Then you might be the person we are looking for!
To strengthen our Strategic Projects team, we are looking for a Project Manager (fulltime, 40 hrs/wk), responsible for complex new product development projects as well as co-developments. You master complex projects and will ensure consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. As a project manager, you work with multidisciplinary teams. You will report to the EU R&D Director. This function is based in Helmond, The Netherlands.
You will be responsible for devising, organizing, and implementing product development projects that are complex by nature, ensuring delivery on time, within budget, and consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. The projects consist of transversal subjects, in product development and existing product & production optimization.
- Structure the complex strategic projects and draft the associated documents.
- Define the role and the responsibilities of each participants in the projects and arbitrate the disputes.
- Lead the project teams, and monitor the schedules, deadlines, budgets and process.
- Be the person in charge of the achievement of the best profitability of the projects for which you are responsible.
- Ensure the proper use of project support tools.
- Bring a "helicopter" view to the people involved in the projects .
- Lead the deployment of projects, consolidate reporting of multidisciplinary activities, and adapt your communication to the different partners in the monitoring committees.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of project management within the organization/
- Coordinate definition of new initiatives/projects in order to improve the profitability in terms of NPD (New Product Development) on the product category.
- BA or University degree in (Mechanical) Engineering
- >4 years of experience in managing NPD projects, ideally acquired in an international, durable consumer goods context
- Master project management tools
- Demonstrated leadership and charisma allowing you to convince and influence different stakeholders. Able to have an helicopter view and to coordinate the different competences of the organization towards common goals.
- Dynamic, excellent communication skills and a real team spirit.
- Good general knowledge in finance and strong writing skills.
- You have demonstrated presentation & influencing skills.
- The international environment in which you operate requires a fluency in English.
- The practice of remote management and the knowledge of Asian culture are a preference, as well as knowledge and practice of Agile project management.
This requisition is for a locally hired position. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in the Netherlands. Dorel will not attempt to obtain immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
Are you ready to grow with us?
We offer a Project manager NPD position in which you are at the heart of our R&D departement working on our newest products. You work in an international environment with an international team. We offer good working conditions including working from home.
Dorel Juvenile is the world's leading juvenile products company. Our well-known products and strong brands Max-Cosi, Quinny and Tiny Love are complemented by regional brands and are available in more than 100 countries.
We are proud to work with 7,000 highly driven professionals in 25 different countries. All of our talented employees share the same mission: to Care for Precious Life. We help families live carefree lives by providing them with juvenile products with the highest safety and comfort standards.
Our frontrunner mentality matches our position as a global market leader. Being first means we forge our own path, we explore new ways to enhance our brands. We are continuously reinforcing our leading position and believe that team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. A vital element of our daily operations is the strong connection we maintain with our consumers. We engage with them wherever they are, so they will always benefit from our products and services, even in ways they did not expect.
Want to work with us?