Sr. Buyer NPR
The European Operations division of Dorel Juvenile consists of 5 departments: Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Warehouse & Distribution, Procurement, and Supplier Quality. The Procurement department counts 22 dedicated colleagues, divided over Operational Procurement and Strategic Procurement. The Operational Procurement department currently consists of 17 team members, based in Helmond-NL (7), Cholet-FR (7) and Porto-PT (3). The Procurement department actively contributes to Dorel’s profitability, and the EU team works closely with the procurement dept based in China. Together, they are responsible for an annual spend of approximately €230M, of which €36M Non Product Related (NPR), mainly purchased in Europe and Asia.
An exciting opportunity has come up in our Operational Procurement department for an enthusiastic Senior Buyer NPR (m/f, fulltime 40 hrs/wk) based at our EU head-quarters in Helmond, NL. This role reports to the Sr. Operational Procurement Manager, also based in Helmond.
Do you strive for Best Value for Money with your buying expertise, market knowledge and creative negotiating? And you are not afraid to challenge budget owners and suppliers? Then we can’t wait to hear from you! Because of the international context of our organization, we request to submit your resume and cover letter in English.
Please note that this vacancy is for a locally hired position. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in the Netherlands. Dorel will not attempt to obtain immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
As Sr. Buyer NPR (Non Product Related) you are responsible for the translation of our business needs to optimal purchased services and goods. In close relation with your internal customer you source, select and contract suppliers in a wide portfolio. For assigned NPR categories you develop strategy plans to explore savings opportunities and to manage risks. Your buying expertise is recognized and enables you to take the lead in projects from a Procurement perspective. With your flexible mindset you are willing and eager to adapt your scope and deliver support in a changing environment.
- Supplier relation & performance management for NPR suppliers of the European Competence Center (eg ICT, R&D, Marketing) and Dorel Netherlands (e.g. facilities, building).
- Negotiate and maintain contracts, prices, delivery terms, and other relevant conditions.
- For European NPR projects you initiate and analyse RFP/RFI/RFQ’s.
- Execution of tenders, benchmarks and negotiations in line with the strategic category plans.
- Manage Procurement tools like contract management system, N2P tool, ERP.
- Reporting on KPI’s and added value.
- To contribute to the department’s operation you support in administrative tasks and initiate process optimizations.
- Higher/Academic education.
- Minimum of 7 year experience in Non Product Related purchasing, preferably in an international environment.
- Fluency in English.
- Analysis and problem solving competency. Experience with Business Intelligence tools.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Affinity with technology.
- Willingness to travel within Europe (occasionally).
Are you ready to grow with us?
Our strong brands Maxi-Cosi, Bébé Confort, Quinny, Safety 1st, Baby Art, and Tiny Love can be found in over 80 countries worldwide. The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?