Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Product Development
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complimented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
We are looking for a creative and problem-solving Sr. Mechanical Engineer for our Product Development Team with high energy and excellent cross functional interaction. This position will help us create a new generation of innovative products across our highly regulated Juvenile industry. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the development of products from conception through production. We thrive on creating great products that delight our customers and know that it takes exceptional individuals to make it happen. Working as part of our Product Development team, you will bring technical substance and inspiration to our creative efforts and ensure that imaginative but credible solutions populate our ambitious product roadmap.
- Originate new concepts and technologies for our next generation of products.
- Modularity mindset to optimize costs and offer value added features in our family products.
- Hands-on involvement in development engineering, input specifications, concept, and feasibility activities, prototyping and testing.
- Work with our Product Marketing to understand the consumer needs and translate those in product specification.
- Work close to our Industrial Design and Manufacturing teams to ensure a cohesive approach to the design of our products.
- Collaborate seamlessly and drive outsourced products development with Global teams.
- Understand system level interactions and failure modes.
- Out of the box thinker.
- Detailed design of components and subassemblies by material selection, dimensions, and tolerances to meet product specifications and manufacturing requirements.
- Communicate ideas quickly and effectively using a combination of sketching, CAD layouts, 3D models and working prototypes to evaluate potential solutions.
- Apply a comprehensive understanding of high-volume manufacturing processes and materials to optimize designs.
- Develop and execute verification and validation test plans.
- Continually evaluate and improve designs for cost effectiveness, manufacturing improvements, increased quality, and value.
- Identify new ideas, products and/or features that improve customer satisfaction, reduce costs, and keep our product line at the forefront of our industry.
- Ability to manage multitask daily activities with low supervision.
- Experience on interpreting and applying IP knowledge.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Black Belt Certified and proof of application preferred.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a mechanical design engineering environment, preferably within Juvenile Industry, Home Appliances, Consumer Goods, Automotive Industry, Materials & Metals industry.
- Advanced knowledge in plastic injection molded components.
- Knowledge in Sheet Metal components design.
- System Engineering understanding (requirements definition, function decomposition, interaction matrix, etc.)
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?