Supply Planner (m/f), Vila do Conde
At Dorel Juvenile Europe, growth is all that matters. We create innovative products and services for growing children. All our employees are directly involved in the research, design, development, testing, and marketing of our products. Our strong brands Maxi-Cosi, Bébé Confort, Quinny, Safety 1st, Baby Art and Tiny Love can be found in more than 80 countries around the world and it is our ambition to extend our leading position in the market.
Working at Dorel Juvenile Europe means having a real impact on people’s lives. Together we care for the precious lives of children. We aim to be the market benchmark in terms of innovation and safety. Our teams, which are based all over Europe, are fully committed to achieving this goal. Due to our European organization and international supplier and customer base, employees collaborate with colleagues and partners from all over the world.
The Supply Planner is responsible for purchasing and distributing his assigned package of end-products so that the right part is available at the right price and in the right place and quantity at the right time.
Planning and calling off products within contractually agreed limits so that an optimum balance is achieved between costs (such as inventory and transportation costs) and the desired product availability (market demand). Taking ownership of the complete ordering process, monitor delivery lead times and communicating to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demand management
Work with European Demand coordinators to secure availability of products with markets.
Monitoring stocks so that demand, inventory and planed goods in are continually in balance.
- Introducing and phasing out products
Contributing to a managed introduction and phasing out of products and models.
- Higher education working and thinking level with 3-4 years’ experience.
- Industrial Engineering degree, Mechanical Engineering degree, preferably with Logistics/Supply experience and knowledge.
- Focused on content, execution, and optimizing processes / situations.
- Notices gaps of process-oriented problems and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Able to analyse and solve complex but concrete problems (methodically) within an entire area of expertise (unique problems that fall outside of the daily routine and that do not yet have predetermined solutions).
- Able to work independently. Solution and result driven.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?