Teamleader Textile Engineering
At Dorel Juvenile, we create innovative products and services for growing children. All our employees are directly involved in the research, design, development, testing, and marketing of our products. Our strong brands Maxi-Cosi, Bébé Confort, Quinny, Safety 1st, and Baby Art can be found in over 80 countries worldwide and it is our ambition to strengthen our leading position in the market.
The R&D Service department provides capacities and expertise for all product categories to follow-up the development of new products and modification of current products. To strengthen our R&D Textile Engineering team, we are currently looking for a Teamleader Textile Engineering, based in Helmond.
As a Teamleader Textile Engineering you will be responsible for textile engineering of our products. You will focus on different areas of expertise like the technical feasibility and supervision of developments & adjustments done in Asia on New Product Developments portfolio. You validate the future production launches in collaboration with suppliers and internal departments (sourcing, textile design, dorel china, etc). Next to this you lead the textile engineering and the prototying & modelling team in Helmond, providing vision in terms of tools and methods. You will report into the Sr Manager R&D Services.
- Follow up of overall development portfolio.
- Creates or supervises technical designs for new or modified products, and manages technical execution, both internally and externally, up to the time that the product goes into production.
- New products: Ensures creation of the technical concept for innovative and complex new products and ensures that they satisfy the applicable requirements in terms of function and styling. Transfer the approved concept to suppliers, and follow up its realization according to time / cost & Quality constraints. Handles prototyping activities if needed.
- Product modifications: Initiates and coordinates complex changes to existing products where development and logistics needs require careful reconciliation. In charge of yearly collection updates follow up or implementation when required. Handles prototyping activities if needed.
- Testing and certification: Takes part / provides relevant information to Quality, with regards to activities related to technical testing and homologations of products up to the time they are released for production.
- Production guidance: Follows the design right up to the production stage to ensure that the products can be manufactured in accordance with technical specifications & design/quality expectations.
- Technical specifications Defines and manages technical specifications to ensure that each product complies with the applicable technical requirements.
- Management and planning: Responsible for managing and planning the activities of the team members (based on priorities agreed with projects managers) and providing guidance through coaching. Assigns tasks within the team and matches the type and degree of difficulty of projects to the competencies of the team members.
- Handles prototyping activities if needed.
- You have a Bachelor/ Master’s Degree in Textile engineering or related field.
- 7 - 10 years’ experience textile/covers development, of which at least 3-5 years of experience in Team Leading role.
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of Lectra Tools, knowledge on fabrics & manufacturing techniques
- Focused on coaching, sharing knowledge and policy input (after analysis).
May lead a team of specialists with respect to content. May coach others.
- Acts as and is viewed as an authority in his/her area of expertise and looks beyond the borders of his/her area of expertise.
- Gives convincing arguments and can influence higher levels within the organization.
- Able to analyse and solve complex but concrete problems (methodically) within an entire area of expertise (unique problems that fall outside of the daily routine and that do not yet have predetermined solutions):
- Able to work independently and result driven.
- Able to work according to a plan, oversee a concrete project, know and recognize cause and effect; keeping operational considerations in mind.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?