Jr IS Project Manager Operations
The IS Projects department is part of the European ICT organization and consists of a team of 7 people divided between France and the Netherlands. Altogether, the team is responsible for the management of all Projects where the ICT department is involved connected with other business teams within DOREL, leading implementation of new solutions or improving of existing ones.
Covering all the business processes the team is shared in key domains : Operations (Sales, Delivery, Forecast, Purchase, Manufacturing) - Omnichannel (Marketing, E commerce- branded Websites- consumer care) - Product (PIM, PLM, MDM) & Support (HR and Finance). Due to internal moves, we open a position of Junior ISPM to lead projects according to the roadmap approved for the Operations & Sales.
As Jr IS Project Manager you will manage projects of your domain. As such you will be the bridge between business stakeholders in the projects and ICT.
Your role will be to :
- define the best solution to fit in the business requirements and optimize costs and sustainability of the Information system
- coordinate all tasks to be handled by the ICT team to contribute to the project achievement and to report about this to the project team
- manage key targets (cost; delivery planning and quality)
You will report to the Senior Operations ISPM who will support you to board progressively on our corporate Project management framework.
Key platforms in that area are : M3 as ERP, NSKEP DP & PP to cover the whole forecast & plan process, REFLEX as WMS , plus other applications related to Supply or Sales process (CRM).
• Exploring the information needs of process owners, bottlenecks in the provision of information or the relevance of change proposals for existing information systems.
o Put forward proposals for solutions which may be automated or not and, based on those, draws up the (system) specifications.
o Specify the relationships with processes and formulate the data requirements, logical relationships between data, as well as quality and safety requirements.
• Preparation of the functional design of systems.
o Provide advice about changes in respect of procedures, powers, duties and other organizational aspects that are required to enable systems to operate.
• Participation in projects for the development or maintenance of information systems and in the case of smaller projects, The Jr ISPM acts as an independent project leader.
o Is accountable for the project management in accordance with our project framework, supported in this by the Sr project manager he reports to.
o Is responsible for the coordination of all tasks to be managed on the IT side, in collaboration with other department of ICT.
o Is accountable for the setup of software to be implemented.
• Supporting the business teams especially during the tests.
• Reporting to the management about project status, alerts etc.
• Coordinating activities made by third parties : internally as well external contributing to project.
• Bachelor or Master degree; e.g. Computer Science or Information Technology,
• Excellent English, written and spoken.
• Knowledge about M3, NSKEP and/or REFLEX will be appreciated.
• Strong analytical skills, customer/service oriented, and able to organize own work effectively
• Eager to learn, asks questions and thinks along about issues or advice.
• Able to form own vision, from which you lead a process, a project, a policy issue or a department, and advise management.
• Able to contribute to complex project and to take (political) interests of multiple stakeholders into account and able to.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Because of the international context of our organization, resumes and cover letter must be submitted in English
Want to work with us?