Industrial Engineering Technician
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complimented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
The Industrial Engineering Technician is responsible for converting Product Engineering drawings & specifications, plus specific product features determined by Marketing into detailed manufacturing process instructions (BOM’s). These BOM’s include, component part numbers & descriptions, operation sequences, unit quantities, costs, and labor & machine hours.
Under the direction of the Industrial Engineering Manager with the goal of continuous improvement, the Industrial Engineering Technician will assist in the documentation of manufacturing process flows, assembly line layouts, and operator workstations. In addition, perform labor time studies and establish labor & machines routing hours.
- Develop detailed BOM’s for all new Columbus made SKU’s and changes to existing SKU’s.
- Retrieve and view product drawings.
- Create and update manufacturing process flows.
- Create and update manufacturing floor layouts.
- Support new product development process by providing input to insure accurate, logical, and consistent BOM product structures & subassemblies.
- Develop product pallet stack patterns and recommend optimized warehouse & trailer space utilization.
- Perform operator times studies & assembly line takt times. Seek improvements to operator workstations, and labor balancing of assembly line operators.
- Participate in development of PFMEA’s and Control Plans for new products and major changes to existing products.
- Develop manufacturing cost estimates for new products and changes to existing products.
- Seek improvements in ergonomics and safety.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Experience and Skills
- Five plus years of hands-on knowledge of Car Seat manufacturing
- In depth working knowledge of JDE and AS400 manufacturing Systems
- Working knowledge of Visio and Cape Pack software
- Desire to learn AutoCAD & SolidWorks, and other analytical techniques such as labor time studies, Lean, Kaizen, PFMEA, etc.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?