European Demand Specialist Amazon
At Dorel Juvenile Europe, we create innovative products and services for growing children. All our employees are directly involved in the research, design, development, testing, and marketing of our products. Our strong brands Maxi-Cosi, Bébé Confort, Quinny, Tiny Love, Safety 1st, and Baby Art can be found in over 80 countries worldwide and it is our ambition to extend our leading position in the market.
Our EU Operations division of Dorel Juvenile consists of 5 departments: Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Warehouse & Distribution, Procurement, and Supplier Quality. Within our Supply Chain department, an exciting opportunity has recently come up for an analytical, proactive and enthusiastic European Demand Specialist dedicated for Amazon (m/f, fulltime). This position is based in our EU headquarters in Helmond, NL and reports directly to the Team Leader Demand, based in France.
Does excel have no secrets for you, and do you like to make numbers talk? Do you understand the commercial point-of-view but are not afraid to challenge your sales colleagues and discuss based on facts? Then we can’t wait to hear from you! Because of the international context of our organization, we request that you submit your resume and cover letter in English.
Please note that this vacancy is for a locally hired position. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in the Netherlands. Dorel will not attempt to obtain immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
Forecasting is one of the key processes in order to reach customer satisfaction. As a Demand Specialist, you are focused on providing supply chain planners with forecasts most accurately in line with sales expectations in order to reach a high level of customer satisfaction against lowest possible costs.
- Providing yearly initial forecasts based on sales expectations, in line with European agreed standards;
- Elaborating the sales forecasts at medium and short term to meet operational needs;
- Continuously (trigger to) exchange information with sales markets in order to correctly and timely validate existing forecasts;
- Pro-actively discuss updates with supply- and production planners;
- Coordination of a monthly periodical demand review with finance/sales;
- Measure and analyze the major discrepancies between realized numbers and the objectives, identify the root causes and define corrective action;
- Managing the demand (allocation) and decision making within a European context, between the different markets or customers, especially in case of new product launches and shortages;
- Participating in the process of reaching an optimal inventory level by minimizing obsolete and optimize product availability per SKU;\
- Generating and reporting management information.
- Higher education (HBO/university), preferably in Supply Chain/ Logistics;
- at least 3 years of experience in a similar role or 5 years of experience in a Supply Chain/Logistics (demand) planning role;
- experience with ERP systems and demand planning tools, Microsoft Excel is mandatory, M3/nSKEP is a plus;
- excellent verbal and writing skills in both Dutch and English;
- strong analytical skills, are accurate and very good with numbers;
- the ability to keep the overview and filter the right information out of a large set of data to be able to make the right choices;
- the ability to build strong interdepartmental relationships to share and retrieve information which is key in validating your forecasts;
- an excellent view on products- and process flows within an organization;
- a result driven attitude;
Are you ready to grow with us?
We are proud to work with 3400 highly driven professionals in 25 different countries. All of our talented employees share the same mission: to Care for Precious Life. We help families live carefree lives by providing them with juvenile products with the highest safety and comfort standards.
Our frontrunner mentality matches our position as a global market leader. Being first means we forge our own path, we explore new ways to enhance our brands. We are continuously reinforcing our leading position and believe that team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. A vital element of our daily operations is the strong connection we maintain with our consumers. We engage with them wherever they are, so they will always benefit from our products and services, even in ways they did not expect.
Want to work with us?
Quinny empowers urban millennial parents to walk their way; transforming parenthood into a carefree exploration. The new NXTGEN stroller line consists of three different strollers