Textile Process Engineer (M/F), Vila do Conde
At Dorel Juvenile Europe, growth is all that matters. We create innovative products and services for growing children. All our employees are directly involved in the research, design, development, testing, and marketing of our products. Our strong brands Maxi-Cosi, Bébé Confort, Quinny, Safety 1st, Hoppop, and Baby Art can be found in more than 80 countries around the world and it is our ambition to extend our leading position in the market.
Working at Dorel Juvenile Europe means having a real impact on people’s lives. Together we care for the precious lives of children. We aim to be the market benchmark in terms of innovation and safety. Our teams, which are based all over Europe, are fully committed to achieving this goal. Due to our European organisation and international supplier and customer base, employees collaborate with colleagues and partners from all over the world.
The purpose of the Textile Process Engineer role is to develop process technologies and manufacturing processes which will help achieve the material design intent, cost, quality, and schedule goals existing projects optimization.
• The Textile Process Engineer will report to the Director Buying Soft Goods and Components;
• The Textile Process Engineer will work closely with a cross functional team to evaluate opportunities and drive:
- Facilitate the process development and optimization of existing and new materials along with manufacturing process technologies. Successful evaluations will lead process qualifications and support manufacturing for production at Dorel vendors;
- Revision and improving existing supplier product specifications for soft goods in Dorel Juvenile, with a focus on Car Seats (Strollers, Accessories);
- Active role in cost saving initiatives in cooperation with the global strategic purchase team. Able to analyze product and process costs (BOM). Development of cost saving vs. investment plans to support the calculation of the ROI.
- Textile Engineering/Process professional with strong technical acumen skills;
- 5+ years of Fabric & Textile Engineering experience, in the “High End Consumer Goods” industry or Automotive industry desired;
- 5+ years working with cross functional teams or leading a manufacturing/finishing/cosmetic treatment development organization, related to consumer goods/ automotive industry;
- Knowledge and successful experience and Manufacturing Process Development in advanced textile and construction to include, but not limited to:
o Efficient Cutting Technologies - rotary CNC tables, laser cutting, water jet, etc.;
o Bonding/Lamination Technologies - suppliers, thermosets, methodologies, seamless;
o 3D Vacuum Forming Technologies;
o Steam Forming Technologies;
o Edge finishing technologies - e.g. PU edge finishing suppliers, automation machines;
o Automation Assembly/ Robotics - e.g. roll to roll product assembly methodologies like IMD using fabric;
o Flexible Manufacturing Methodologies - cell based manufacturing;
o Evaluate feasibility and kick-off advance prototype investigations cross functional team and vendors. Drive for the timely completion of investigations with documentation and engineering evaluation and assessment for future applications;
o Identify Market Technology trends that influences product design and supply capability development.
- Knowledge and successful experience and Manufacturing Process Development in advanced textile;
- Quick learner, agile & adaptable;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate through ambiguities/obstacles through facts, evaluation of alternatives, open-mindedness, thought-through strategy;
- Superior communications to lead cross-functional engagements;
- Ability to both quantify and qualify manufacturing impacts on design;
- Relentless drive to over achieve and deliver excellence in a professional environment;
- Passion for new technologies but possesses business mindset to apply to practical applications and to industrialize technologies that meet business objectives;
- Availability to travel;
- Excellent English skills: written and spoken.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?