Senior CAD Design Engineer
At Dorel Juvenile, we create innovative products and services for growing children. All our employees are directly involved in the research, design, development, testing, and marketing of our products. Our strong brands Maxi-Cosi, Bébé Confort, Quinny, Safety 1st, and Baby Art can be found in over 80 countries worldwide and it is our ambition to strengthen our leading position in the market.
The R&D Service department provides capacities and expertise for all product categories to follow-up the development of new products and modification of current products. To strengthen our R&D Services team, we are currently looking for a full time position Senior CAD Design Engineer, based in Helmond.
As a Senior CAD Design Engineer you will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the R&D Services department, including design, research, prototyping, engineering, documentation, project planning, cost price estimating and process improvement. The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Team leader, and collaborate with design/ quality/purchasing teams on NPD and maintenance projects. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly work environment with a team that is dedicated and passionate about craftsmanship and innovation.
- Develop technical and functional concepts for innovative and complex products.
- Design the 3D functions in relation with the product / design specifications.
- Create detailed 3D & 2D product drawings until ready to production.
- Follow-up engineering change requests to update drawings.
- Use high-end 3D CAD software to create models and drawings of product
- Use specialized software (Moldflow) to analyze model.
- Verify the designs with our CAE department.
- Verify drawings and data.
- Define materials and optimize cost price.
- Manages the prototype realization and defines the timing.
- Perform physical testing on engineering prototypes.
- Define and control the planning of CAD activities, within a project.
- Work according project planning.
- Can manage big or complex projects, and takes decision autonomously to keep project on track.
- Organize and maintain existing engineering documents.
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards and policies of Dorel.
- You have a Bachelor/ Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 10 years’ experience mechanical design within consumer products.
- You set high quality standards for products and services and act accordingly.
- You have knowledge of plastics, especially raw materials, moulds, injection moulding.
- You have extensive knowledge in 3D CAD systems: preferably NX and Solidworks.
- You have experience with a PLM system, preferably TeamCenter.
- You have experience with crash tests (Nice to have).
- Good English level, speaking and written.
- Strong attention to details.
- You are capable of making a quick and thorough problem analysis.
- You are proactive, have social skills and the ability to work in an international organization for which some travelling is required.
- You have experience with team or project management.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?