Senior Project Buyer
The Procurement department (part of our Operations division) has teams in all of our Competence Centers in Europe (France, The Netherlands and Portugal) and one in China. Together we are responsible for an annual spend of approximately 230 million Euros (36 million of this amount is used for Non Product Related). This is mainly purchased in Europe and Asia. The Procurement department actively contributes to Dorel’s profitability.
Recently, an opening has come up within the Dutch team for a Senior Project Buyer. This is a fulltime (40 hrs/wk) position, based in Helmond.
This position reports to the Procurement Manager (also based in NL) and is part of a team of 9 people in the Netherlands.
As Sr. Project Buyer, you act as the procurement project leader on assigned NPD projects for Carseats and Strollers. You work in close relation with the global Strategic Buyers on supplier selection and coordinate the sourcing and buying activities with the local region Buyers. In order to manage the procurement deliverables during the project phases, you facilitate the cooperation between Buyers and other project team members from R&D, Quality, and Supply Chain. Next to your project leader role, you are responsible for the operational buying activities for an assigned component commodity, for which you act as the local Buyer in project team(s).
- Represent Procurement in NPD projects for all hardware and soft goods (textile) commodities.
- Initiate and follow up of sourcing requests with local Buyers.
- Facilitate integration of suppliers in projects.
- Secure project deliverables on product/components costs estimations and actual costs, supplier selection/validation and contracting, as well as samples availability.
- Secure the follow up of commodity/sourcing strategies within projects.
- Identify and manage risk and opportunities.
- Keep solid records and reporting on project progress to management.
- Negotiate and maintain contracts, prices, delivery terms, and other relevant conditions, with suppliers in Europe.
- Supplier relation management including vendor rating.
- Preparation of RFQ’s, sampling and analysis of offers from existing and new suppliers.
- Contribute to the optimization of global Procurement processes.
- Higher/Academic education.
- Minimum of 8 year experience in Product Related purchasing, in an international product development environment.
- Project management skills.
- Analysis and problem solving competency.
- Team player in cross-functional and multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Supply Chain Management mindset.
- Affinity with technology.
- Fluency in English.
- Willingness to travel within Europe, Asia optional.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?